Dear Lincoln,
These past 9 months have been ridiculously awesome, but the 9 months before that, those were pretty special too. We were so excited for you to arrive.
I didn't have any food cravings when I was pregnant with you, Linky. The things that normally sounded good to me continued to trip my fancy, and your dad was so good about making sure that I got them. Maybe he was so attentive because I had a breakdown that Thanksgiving after he misunderstood your Memaw and told me that there wasn't going to be turkey at Thanksgiving. Mama loves turkey, Lincoln. I think I cried for about 2 hours and then we pulled over before we got to their house so I could compose myself. And of course they had turkey and then instantly everything was right in my world again.
There were a few things that bothered me during that time though. One was the smell of lavender. I normally love the scent, so we had several lavender hand soaps around the house and even some lavender scented trash bags. The smell made me want to throw up and the items were quickly removed. Other things? The song "What Does the Fox Say"...which I loved hard. I'd hear it and instantly fight down the nausea. Same goes for the catchy little tune that plays during the Nintendo 3DS mini games. It was a battle because I refused to stop playing.
We had many adventures. We went on a fun Babymoon to Beverly Hills, CA for shopping and eating and hiking and beaching. You worked a couple of boutique sales with me and went to regular zumba and warm yin yoga classes. The ladies at zumba joked (nervously) the last few weeks that they were worried I was going to have you during class. I hope you have an affinity for Latin dance music and will salsa with your mama some day.
So, here are some photos of the time we shared together before you were born, Linky Pants.
And I love you, Linkerton.
Always. Forever. Just as you Are.
Love,
Mama
P.S. One more thing. Before you were Lincoln, you were Morty.












No comments:
Post a Comment